+ What is the process for shipping industrial electronics to you for repair?
Here are a few simple steps that you need to take when you are shipping a package to us.
- Fill out a packing slip. Our intuitive electronic Send a Job form allows the information to be sent to us immediately while also generating a copy for you to print and include with your shipment.
- Include documentation(s) and description(s). For each item that you are shipping, be sure to include any applicable documents (i.e. manuals, prints, etc..) that can assist us with the repair process. Also, please provide as many details as possible regarding the specific problem with the unit(s). We are remarkably fast when it comes to repairing electronics, but the more information you can give us about the unit itself will help us get the job turned around that much quicker.
- Pack each item. When shipping your electronics, make sure each item is packed securely in an appropriately sized box that doesn't have excessive free-space. Don't forget to include your packing slip, and any additional documentation.
- Ship it. Send your package by way of your preferred shipping company to our address
- We will follow-up. Within 24 hours of receiving your unit, we will be back in touch with you. You can also virtually track your repair here on our website. Feel free to contact us at any point throughout this process. That's what we're here for.
+ What do you charge for quoting a repair?
Nothing. Our quoting process is free.
+ How do you quote an estimate for a repair?
Our quoting process is based on an industry standard quote based on our previous experience and repair history, how detailed the repair will be, the price of a new part and the quantity of repairs requested by the customer. An effective quote evaluation requires enough troubleshooting to identify the basic problem. This can take a significant amount of time, which is why some companies charge for it, and there still may be other problems that were masked by the observed problem. Our approach of using a quote estimate relieves the customer of the upfront charge of an evaluation. Additional advantages the customer benefits from quote estimation include VOLTIP taking the risk of loss time if a unit is not repairable, not the customer, no charges to the customer on units that are returned unrepaired.
+ If my unit is approved, but can't be repaired, will you still charge?
No. If your unit is approved and can't be repaired there is no cost to you other than shipping.
+ Do you sell parts?
Yes. We have old and new parts in stock. If it happens that we don't have the part that you need in stock, our procurement team can help you get it.
+ Do you repair consumer or commercial electronics?
No. As an industrial repair facility we only offer industrial repairs at industrial repair prices. We DO NOT repair consumer or commercial electronics because the costs to repair these units exceed the amount most customers are willing to pay. If we receive any consumer/commercial units for repair, these units will be shipped back at the expense of the sender.
+ What kind of warranty or guarantee do you offer?
VOLTIP warrants all repairs for 12 months from the Repair Invoice date, against defects in our material and workmanship. The liability of VOLTIP under this warranty is limited to the replacement or repair, at our choice, of any defective component(s) free of charge to our customer. Freight and rush fees for returned product remain the responsibility of the customer. Adjustment is contingent upon our examination of the repair and that the apparent defects have not been caused by misuse, abuse, improper installation or application, unauthorized repair during the warranty period, alteration, accident or negligence in use, storage, transportation or handling. We must be notified of any warranty claims before the end of the warranty period, together with return of the claimed defective product within this same period. VOLTIP shall not be liable for consequential damages for injury to persons or property or commercial loss or otherwise. VOLTIP is not a distributor sanctioned by the original manufacturer and we are not a party to any manufacturer’s warranty that may or may not apply.